The Veterinary Neurological Center is interested in meeting individuals who are looking to complement our excellent staff in Phoenix. If you have a genuine concern for pets and want to provide the highest possible care to our clients, patients and referring veterinarians, we invite you to apply for one of the following positions:
The Veterinary Neurological Center in Phoenix, Arizona is seeking an excellent Neurologist/Neurosurgeon to join our skilled and experienced neurological team. Core responsibilites include clinical neurology, neurosurgery, neruology resident training, and continuing education presentations to the local veterinary community.
Privately owned and operated, the VNC has been serving Arizona veterinarians for nearly 35 years and is the premier neurology referral practice in the state. The practice is housed in a 6800 sq. ft. stand-alone facility dedicated entirely to small animal neurology and neurosurgery. In-house diagnostic and surgical capabilites include in-house CSF analysis, electrodiagnostics, computed radiography, CT, and MR (GE 1.5T with GE's most advanced gradient package), operating microscope, CUSA, and 3D printing for surgical planning and drill guides.
The VNC, through design and execution, is committed to providing personalized service and uncompromised quality of medical care to each special patient, the clients who care deeply for them and the veterinarians who entrust us. The dedication and hard work of our talented support team along with systems that have been refined over years of practice, ensure efficiency in the daily case flow and a healthy, enjoyable work environment. The VNC’s well-established neurology residency program has graduated 16 board-certified neurologists over the past 2 decades and starting in July will maintain 3 residents (1st, 2nd, 3rd year). This consistent infusion of young talent provides extra case support to the neurologists and fertile grounds for collaboration, research and innovative therapies. A generous compensation package includes medical/dental/vision/life insurance, retirement plan, continuing education allocation, and six weeks annual vacation.
As one of the largest and most diverse cities in the country, Phoenix truly has it all: the conveniences of a progressive metropolis (entertainment, authentic restaurants, all 4 major professional sports), ready access to the Southwest's natural beauty and pleasant climate, ideal for the outdoor enthusiast (trail riding, hiking, kayaking, golfing) while only being a few hours away from the ski slopes, Las Vegas entertainment and the California coast. The VNC’s central location within Phoenix is convenient for clients coming from any part of the Valley.
If you wish to consider joining us in the heart of one of the most progressive metropolitan areas in the country with ready access to the Southwest's natural beauty, please submit your cover letter and CV to:
Trevor Moore, DVM, DACVIM Neurology
4202 E. Raymond Street
Phoenix, Arizona 85040-1935
Ph: (602) 437-1488
The Veterinary Neurological Center currently has no openings for a Veterinary Manager. We are, however, always looking for excellent candidates. Please email your resume (and cover letter) if you would like to be considered when a position becomes available.
After 36 years, our unique type of neurological services continues to be in high demand in the Valley. We are expanding our operations while continuing to provide the same high level of attention to detail for each case. To accomplish this level of quality while scaling up, we are seeking a Veterinary Technician Manager with strong character and excellent management skills to help uphold the hospital's values and systems/processes. This individual will provide the support to the Team (Technicians, CSR's, and Doctors) that is necessary to ensure a positive, enjoyable environement while achieving the shared goal of providing top notch quality service day in and day out.A career as a leader at the Veterinary Neurological Center could be right for you if you enjoy:
- Being involved in cutting edge medical procedures and technology
- Preemptively finding solutions to issues and working collaboratively to implement them
- Working with a brilliant team of neurologists who all enjoy sharing their knowledge
- Ensuring each pet and the clients who care for them receive genuine care
- Respectful and effective internal communication
- Learning, growing, and being challenged daily
- Creating, belonging to, and promoting the type of environment you desire - caring, supportive, positive, enjoyable, and professional along with other like-minded individuals
- Premium salary, flexible schedules, and excellent benefits
This person will work closely with the other members of our leadership team. One of the VNC tenants is flexibility. We are looking for a leader to own the responsibilities of this position, however, this person's skills and interests may also align with some of the duties in a different leadership position. For this reason, all roles across the hospital have been developed so multiple individuals can share the responsibilities of different positiions when appropriate. The inherent need for collaboration provides constant support from a co-manager or assistant and ensures continuity of duties for the hospital if the leader is not there for the day.Previous experience and managerial skills are preferred but we are willing to train individuals with limited experience, skills, or credentials but do possess the qualities necessary to lead teams.
- Technician Manager: This position is hands-on, working alongside our current Technician Manager/Imaging Director/Hospital Director to oversee the efficient flow of daily medical procedures performed at exceptional quality by ensuring the Technical Team has the proper tools and bandwidth to perform their jobs at a high level every day.
- Primary Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Conduct weekly team meetings and implementation(s)
- Task/project management
- Daily check-ins with the Practice Manager
- Inventory management
- Team member scheduling
- Work with the Building and Equipment Maintenance Supervisor and Implementations Specialist to ensure equipment is running optimally
- Medical records auditing
- OSHA management
- Medical/technical writing
- Controlled drug management
- Update processes and create new ones, as appropriate, in the Technician Procedure Manaual
- 3D printing of anatomical models and drill guides for neurosurgery
- Proficiently perform Technician duties such as:
- Patient handling and restraint
- Jugular venipuncture
- Jugular venipuncture
- IV catheterization
- Laboratory procedures and maintenance
- Anesthesia monitoring
- Surgical monitoring
- Laboratory procedures and maintenance
- Primary Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous experience as a Veterinary Technician in a lead, supervisory, or managerial capacity
- College degree
- Additional education/certification:
- Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT)
- Certified Veterinary Practice Manager (CVPM)
- Strong character to understand that core values are a vital ingredient in our hospital's success
- Leadership ability to motivate and promote positive and professional tendencies
- Responsible and accountable by always following through with commitments
- Highly organized facilitating efficiency in all aspects of the job
- Self-motivated to accept much more than just the status quo
- "Think outside the box" and notice problems and brainstorm, discuss, and implement solutions
- Technically savvy to utilize computers and software to easily convert ideas into reality (minimum 45 wpm typing speed, proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite)
- Writing proficiency top convey messages and thoughts that truly connect with the target audience
- Excellent communication with doctors and other individuals to efficiently collaborate and execute plans
- Trustworthiness to maintain confidence and assess situations in an objective, unbiased manner
- Assertive enabling them to follow through with others and take lead on projects
- Work independently so can execute tasks with little oversight, but constant communication
- Achieve quality by noticing solutions and closely adhering to established systems and processes
- Growth mindset to welcome and learn from positive critique and suggestions
- Thoughtful decision-making ability via thorough examination and consideration of all factors resulting in the best direction
- Caring for others knowing that the real benefit to self and attainment of goals comes from here
If you possess these qualities and have interest in working as a leader at the VNC, please email your resume (and cover letter) to Wil Levesque (Hospital Director) to take the next step toward an exciting career in the amazing veterinary specialty field of neurology. If you are contacted for an interview please fill out our Employment Application prior to your arrival.
The Veterinary Neurological Center is currently seeking an experienced Full-Time Technician, preferably certified, to work alongside our skilled and dedicated support team assisting our neurologists. This person will contribute primarily as a Technician, but if proven, will have the opportunity to also work in an administrative managerial role as detailed below. This is a unique opportunity for a positive, hard-working individual who is inspired by our synergistic culture, which fosters learning and growth, and leads to continual opportunities for those embracing responsibility.
The VNC is committed to hiring professional, positive and passionate individuals who will be a good fit with our existing excellent team and contribute to an enjoyable environment where each employee works together to achieve the goal of providing extraordinary care to each patient, client, and the veterinarians who refer them to us.
Work with doctors and technicians to help ensure each patient is receiving the highest quality care when hospitalized and before, during and after anesthetic procedure. Work efficiently as a team to help the day flow smoothly.
- Animal Restraint
- Jugular Venipuncture
- IV Catheterization
- Anesthesia Monitoring
- Client Communication
- Surgical Monitoring
- +/- CT Scanning
- +/- CSF Analysis
- +/- MRI Scanning
- Love and compassion for animals...treat each patient as own
- Professional, responsible, and eager to assist technicians and doctors with each case
- Team-oriented with a positive attitude that facilitates efficiency and contributes to an enjoyable environment
- Follow proper procedures and question processes if unclear or notice areas of improvement
- Desire to learn and grow and contribute to an environment based on those ideals
- Meticulous details in all aspects of each case
- Self motivated to seek out further responsibility, especially during slow periods
Additional responsibility will be available to the employee after an initial training period as a Technician and once the candidate:
- has become proficient as a Technician at the Veterinary Neurological Center
- has exhibited excellent leadership qualities
- actively seeks out responsibility while striving to uphold and promote quality in all processes
The area of responsibility could vary depending on skills and proficiency, but the opportunity to assist/manage will be available based on current circumstances in one or more of the following capacities (not all-inclusive):
- Task/Project Management
- Weekly Meeting Implementation(s)
- Inventory Management
- Equipment Troubleshooting
- Medical Records Auditing
- Medical/Technical Writing
- OSHA Management
- Controlled Drug Management
- Strong Character - understand that core values are a vital ingredient in our hospital's success
- Leadership - ability to motivate and promote positive and professional tendencies
- Responsible - follow through with what you say you are going to do
- Highly Organized - facilitating efficiency in all aspects of the job
- Self-Motivated - to accept much more that just the status quo
- "Think Outside the Box" - and notice problems and brainstorm, discuss, and implement solutions
- Technical Savvy - to navigate computers and software to easily convert ideas into practical tools
- Writing Proficiency - to convey messages and thoughts that truly connect with the target audience
- Excellent Communication - with computers and others to efficiently collaborate and execute plans
- Emotionally Intelligent - ability to put self in others' shoes to help understand others' needs
- Assertive - enabling you to follow through with other team members and take lead on projects
- Work Independently - can execute tasks with little oversight, but with constant communication
- Achieve Quality - by following established systems yet noticing problems and suggesting solutions
- Humility - to welcome and learn from positive critique and suggestions
- Thoughtful Decision Making Ability - via thorough examination and consideration of all factors resulting in a the best direction to take
The Veterinary Neurological Center offers a competitive salary and health insurance, retirement plan, and vacation benefits. Please email your resume (and cover letter), attention: Wil Levesque (Hospital Director). If you are contacted for an interview please fill out our Employment Application prior to your arrival.
The Veterinary Neurological Center currently has no openings for a CT/MRI Imaging Technician. We are, however, always looking for excellent candidates. Please email your resume (and cover letter) if you would like to be considered when a position becomes available.
The Veterinary Neurological Center currently has no openings for a Medical Assistant. We are, however, always looking for excellent candidates. Please email your resume (and cover letter) if you would like to be considered when a position becomes available.
The Veterinary Neurological Center currently has no openings for a Technician Assistant/Caretaker. We are, however, always looking for excellent candidates. Please email your resume (and cover letter) if you would like to be considered when a position becomes available.
The Veterinary Neurological Center currently has no openings for a Kennel Technician. We are, however, always looking for excellent candidates. Please email your resume (and cover letter) if you would like to be considered when a position becomes available.
The Veterinary Neurological Center is currently seeking two full-time Client Service Representatives to join our Front Office Team. This person will work as a CSR but, if proven and eager to take on responsibilities, will have the opportunity to also work in an administrative role, as detailed below. The VNC is committed to hiring professional, positive, and passionate individuals who enjoy a professional and fast paced practice. Our hospital offers an inclusive team environment and commitment to delivering extraordinary care to each patient, client and veterinarian we serve. We are open from 9am-5pm Monday - SaturdayDescription:
Provide care for clients and patients over the phone and in person by communicating to doctors how their needs can best be met. The CSR position at the Veterinary Neurological Center is technically challenging and a vital part of the communications within our hospital. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals looking to build upon General Practice skills who have interest to further grown and develop in a Specialty Practice, or individuals looking for a new career opportunity in the veterinary field.Essential Qualities:
Prior veterinary experience is desirable, but not required as some of the vital skills for this position may come naturally or been developed by virtue of other experiences (i.e. caring for others, volunteering, providing client service in person or by phone). Other essential qualities for this position include:
- Love and Compassion for Animals and the people that care for them.
- Desire to learn and grow and contribute to an environment based on such ideals
- Professionalism your demeanor inspires confidence and trust from others.
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Ability to learn veterinary medical terminology
- Strong Interpersonal Skills to work well with others and communicate effectively with clients, doctors, and fellow colleagues
- Computer Skills and general knowledge (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite or Google products including Gmail, Google Sheets, Google Docs)
- Proficient Typist
- Meticulous Detail in all aspects of each task
- Advanced Multitasking Skills so can prioritize and achieve deadlines with a calm demeanor
- Following proper procedures and question if unclear or see areas of improvement
The Veterinary Neurological Center offers a competitive salary and health insurance, retirement plan, and vacation benefits. Please email your resume (and cover letter), attention: Nancy Shaffer (Front Office Supervisor). If you are contacted for an interview please fill out our Employment Application prior to your arrival.
The Veterinary Neurological Center currently has no openings for a CSR Assistant. We are, however, always looking for excellent candidates. Please email your resume (and cover letter) if you would like to be considered when a position becomes available.